I had a horrible, horrible weekend. Here's why:
1. Friday night was fun, with a few of us stuck at work and plenty (or rather, some) beer to keep us going. But then it suddenly changed. I ended very grumpy by the end of the night. Of course, I finally reached home at 3 am, which lays grounds for the second reason for why the weekend sucked.
2. I woke up at past 11 am on Saturday, which is awful. I wasted half my Saturday. I absolutely HATE slothful weekends. Yes, stuck up as some would say, but guess what, I don't care. I'm not one for sleeping in till noon. I'm an amry kid, and I love to wake up in time, shower, step out regardless of how bad the weather is, spend a few hours in a coffee shop, have lunch...and still have half the day left ahead.
3. I went to the salon and realized I had left my wallet in office the night before. Thankfully, Sonali was able to come by in less than 10 and pick my tab. God bless good friends. Obviously, mum had, by then, stressed her last few black hair out, as if my wallet had some 10 lakhs in it.
4. So later the evening, I had my yoga session. And it was the most painful ever, because mum, maasi (who's visiting ) would just not stop interrupting. So eff-ing painful. I love mum, but all I ask is for an hour a day. For someone who has lived away from home for most of her twenties, living at home has its occasional moments of immense frustration.
5. Remember the wallet I had left behind at work. So later last night, we went over to Sonali's for her pre-birthday party. It was good fun except that I had geneuinely wanted to com back in time because I did have a lot of shit to finish this weekend. But since I didn't have my wallet, I didn't have my license, and I was finally dropped back home at 3 am.
6. Hence, Sunday morning got eff-ed too!
7. I just wrapped up another painful Yoga session because this time, my neighbour came and stopped me in between. And that was it! Some times there's massive downside to having an image of being respectful to older neighbour aunties. Plus, I'm completing two years of living with the folks- can not go on forever!
8. Lastly (I hope this is the last dampener for this weekend. I am left with 7 hours you know), I had something on my mind for a few weeks now- which is a pretty long time for me. I left it behind me now. I'll stay the course.