Sunday, February 15, 2009

Delhi 6






Yeh sheher nahi mehfil hai.

I can't think of a better time for Dilli 6 songs- Vani gets married next weekend, most of my friends are in Delhi and its February.

Met with 15 old friends at Turquoise Cottage, at a mini reunion. Went back all the way to school days- where the most beautiful relationships were made. I went to the Army Public School, which churns out surprisingly smart women and refreshingly different men, year after year. My closest relationships are still the ones I made back then. Baby Singh and I have been friends for 16 years. I have known Mrinal (who did a surprise visit at TC) since I was 4!!

Sunday morning was productive - I finally got all my outfits done for the wedding. So I haven't bought any of the sequined, net, shiny, lehengas, in pinks or yellows. That's exactly the reason it took me so long to get something in place. Wherever I went, I was shown outfits I wouldn't wear for my own wedding. But now I'm done, with 3 nice outfits. All tailor made! For the Sangeet, I'll be wearing a gold halter blouse with a long, flowing skirt in midnight blue. For the Chruch wedding, its a dress in wine- this was straight forward. I bought it in London a few months back. And for the reception, I'm wearing a brocade lehenga in red, with a plain red blouse (with 2 strings holding the back together), and a transparent dupatta. No embroidery, sequins and all that. Very simple, but just what I wanted for Vani's wedding. Very Delhi! Not the loud, neon coloured Delhi. The understated yet power-packed Delhi I grew up in

This morning, I left home for work at 7:45 am, drove through the foggy highway and got here well in time.

I just sent out a few key messages, and decided to take 15 minutes out to scribble this out.

Here are my favorite pics of Dilli 6 (pics I took, that is).

Lots of love (bas ishq, mohabbat, pyaar)

No comments: